Primary Care Services Tacoma, WA
We are proud to practice integrative medicine in the primary care context. This includes offering vital primary care services such as vaccination, contraception, and some minor procedures. We also emphasize the things that keep you healthy, like clinical nutrition, lifestyle counseling, and stress management.
Our clinic provides all of the services below, and more:
- General practice for the whole lifespan
- Treating the Whole Person means that our doctors prioritize prevention and health throughout the life span. We optimize primary care by combining conventional and natural medicine to maximize benefit while reducing harm — the type of primary care everyone deserves.
- Immunizations and Vaccine counseling
- Immunization is the best tool we have for preventing many potentially life-threatening infections, such as tetanus and rubella. Preventing disease with vaccination is 100% in line with naturopathic medicine. We know there is a lot of conflicting information that circulates around vaccines, and we’re happy to address these concerns with all patients.
- Annual Physicals and Preventative Care
- We are passionate about prevention! A lot of what we do is aimed at preventing disease, from routine screening for cervical and colorectal cancer to annual check-ups and blood tests. We also go the extra mile to discuss diet, mental health, and physical activity with all patients. There’s a reason you’ve heard the phrase so often: “An ounce of Prevention is worth a pound of Cure.
- Sexual health and Gynecologic exams
- We are an affirming and supportive space for patients of all sexual orientations and gender expressions. We can perform routine testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections, provide gender-affirming hormone therapy (ages 18+), and provide short- or long-term contraception. We also workup and treat potential issues around libido and sexual function.
- Well-child exams
- Children grow and develop quickly, which is why routine visits with their doctor are so important – if anything unusual appears, we can intervene as soon as possible for the child’s wellbeing. Routine visits are also very important for children to develop and maintain a sense of care for their own health as they get older, especially adolescents; and for parents to learn and anticipate the health needs of their children.
- Health education
- Most of what keeps people healthy and prolongs their life does not come from a doctor – it comes from healthy eating, healthy relationships, exercise, stress management, etc. We see health education as a critical part of primary care and emphasize positive behavior with all patients.
- Both new (acute) and chronic medical conditions
- Using a lens that sees the Whole Person, our providers are fantastic at sorting out new symptoms. Our clinic is also home to many patients managing chronic conditions like diabetes and autoimmune disease. We partner with individuals to identify their health goals and establish treatments that are most in line with these goals. Our doctors recognize there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to wellbeing.
- Same-day visits
- Home sick from school or work? Have an urgent concern that needs to be addressed? We maintain availability in our clinic schedule so patients get the attention they need. We also have a doctor on-call 24/7 or urgent concerns outside of regular clinic hours.
- Sports physicals
- From Little League to high-level athletes, we love supporting youth in doing what they love. We can also support those who experience injuries such as concussions and make sure they’re safe to return to play.
- Orders for laboratory testing and imaging
- Our doctors can order and interpret all standard lab tests and imaging, as well as some specialty tests such as allergy panels.
- Referrals to specialists
- We take great effort to maintain strong relationships with other providers in the community so that our patients get the best care possible. Treating the Whole Person requires providers from different specialties working together for the sake of our patients.
- Autism Evaluations
- Dr. Garofalo is certified as a Center of Excellence in Autism with the Washington Health Care Authority and is able to perform evaluations for children with concerns around neurodiversity. Children on Medicaid who are diagnosed with autism can be referred for insurance-covered behavioral therapy. Dr. Garofalo also works closely with schools, therapists, and other providers in the community to ensure that neurodiverse children and their families get all of their needs met.